Wonderful Years of Life-changing Learning
Northeast Adventist College
Northeast Adventist College is catering the need of Northeast India Union Territory which comprises of eight states of India Union.
- Assam: The Assamese are dominant group in Assam. There are some other tribes such as Bodo(Cachari), Karbi, Muslims, etc.
- Meghalaya: The Khasi, Jaintia and Garo are the major tribes in Meghalaya.
- Mizoram: The Mizos more or less speaks the same language in the state.
- Manipur: In Manipur, the Meitei are dominant group and the others are hill tribes of Manipur speaking different dialects.
- Tripura: In Tripura, Bengali is the major language spoken. The Tripuri of different tribal groups speak their own languages.
- Arunachal: The Arunachali’s speak different languages in different communities.
- Nagaland: The common language in Nagaland is Nagamese, a blend of Assamese. Various tribes speaks their own languages.
- Sikkim: Sikkim is the newly added states under North Eastern Council.
From all these states of the Northeast, students come to study in Northeast Adventist College
The Mission of Northeast Adventist College is
“To restore in man the image of God to help students grow in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and Men.”
The concept of the True Christian Education among Seventh-day Adventists is “more than the pursuit of a certain course of study.
It means more than a preparation
for the life that now is. It has to do with the whole being and with the whole period of existence possible to man. It is the harmonious development of the physical, mental and spiritual powers.
It prepares one for the joy of service in this world and the joy of wider service in the world to come.”
This concept is also known as the four-fold education that includes the mental, spiritual, physical and social aspects of man.
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
1. To lead students to become acquainted with God and enjoy a daily association and communion with Him.
2. To assist in the formation of a noble Christian character by placing emphasis on the spiritual values of life, thus giving life a purpose, a meaning and a direction.
3. To aid students in acquiring the fundamental principles of learning and scholarship and prepare them for higher studies.
4. To develop in students a sense of dignity of labor.
5. To encourage students to appreciate and practice the principles of healthful living.
6. To cultivate a sense of civic responsibility and leadership.
7. To develop respect and loyalty for the government, law and order, both sacred and secular.
8. To provide high-quality and excellent educational experience in a conducive educational environment.
9. To retain and recruit qualified faculty of all academic disciplines.
10. To promote peace and respect for all through emphasis of co-education and inter-cultural and community student body.
MILESTONES AT NORTHEAST AADVENTIST COLLEGE
- 1962 Classroom constructed
- 1997 Chapel (Auditorium) extended both sides.
- 1997 Higher Secondary opened
- 1999 College Boys’ Hostel built
- 1999 College programme opened
- 2000 High School Hostel built
- 2003 High School classroom built
- 2003 Boykin’s Hall (Girls hostel) and Dining Hall built
- 2013 College library completed
- 2014 Education and Evangelistic Centre is being built